What We Have Learned From Coordinators
The following information is a result of feedback obtained during the Esso Family Math research project based at the University of Ontario.
- Family Math Coordinators found the Coordinator Training to be very effective. The Training Manual was well-received and reported to be very helpful when preparing to train others.
- Family Math Coordinators have trained hundreds of individuals throughout Ontario.
- Family Math Coordinators always work in pairs when delivering training workshops. Often Coordinators travel outside of their own region to provide these sessions.
- The Coordinators expressed an appreciation of the Family Math Team members who assisted and mentored them during their first training workshops.
- Many Coordinators promote Family Math by providing information sessions to community groups, such as early childhood educators, childcare providers, school personnel and library staff.
- Family Math Coordinators feel confident that they can continue the work of the Family Math Project. Continued upgrading coordinators training session can help to keep the program current in communities.
- To find more information about Family Math research click on the “ABOUT” tab.
- To return to the HOME page click on the FAMILY MATH CANADA logo.